Thursday, November 12, 2009

Adios Broom!


Along with following Fly Lady to organize my life and get my house clean, I'm working on "downsizing" things. My cholesterol, my weight etc.

So, I've been taking baby steps to improve my general health. Most days I walk between 1.2 miles and 1.5 miles in my 20 minutes of exercise. I eat oatmeal most mornings for breakfast. And, I try to eat smaller portions of healthier food in general.

So, I'm excited about that . . . but I'm more excited to say Adios to my broom! Last week, I looked at the Fly Shop and couldn't resist ordering some of the tools. Of course it took me a while to decide what I wanted because I'm skeptical of new-fangled stuff and indecisive a lot of the time.

But, one of the things I DID order was the Fly Lady's Rubba Sweepa. I got my order in about a week or less even though they said to allow 2 weeks. I immediately assembled it because I was so excited. They have a video on how to assemble it on their website but I found it to be fairly intuitive.

So, today I decide to take this baby out for a spin. I sweep my kitchen, entryway and mud room floors pretty much every day. But, I could not believe the dirt that this thing pulled up! And, the cool thing was that when you "swished" it towards your pile, it didn't go flying everywhere. It was much more controlled. The only downside I saw was that it felt "weird". It felt kind of rickety but that's because of the soft rubber bristles giving way as you sweep. It wasn't anything to do with the construction of it and I'm sure I will be used to it in no time.

At the current price of $9.99 (plus s&H) it's not really that much more expensive than a decent broom. And, it works so much better.

I'm hooked now!

2 comments:

MzHartz said...

Once I get my novel finished (November 30), I might look into the Flylady thing. But I'm not putting up post it notes.

Arlene said...

I didn't put the post it notes on the mirror and things. But, I DID put them in my calendar and looked at my calendar several times a day. It has really helped me get stuff under control. My kitchen is SHINING right now and it only took about 15-30 minutes each day this week to get it that way.