Monday, January 25, 2010

Why I May Never Go To Wal-Mart Again

Ok, I will still probably go to Wal-Mart. But, I've just discovered an amazing way to avoid it as much as possible.

I subscribe to www.flylady.net for home/life organization. Today, the post was how planning can save you money. For instance, if you plan your shopping list carefully, you won't forget something and have to make a second trip to the store.

I was scrolling thru the comments (not something I normally do) when I saw a pattern. Several people mentioned www.alice.com. I had to go check this out.

IT IS FREAKING AMAZING!

You sign up for a free account. Choose some categories of items you typically purchase (very much like your Wal-Mart list) and then you can go thru, check the category, look at the items offered and order from them. If there is a coupon for an item available, they will automatically tag it and deduct it from your total.

The prices are around the Wal-Mart price range . . . and, here's the best part . . . SHIPPING IS FREE!!!! No minimum order!

I had started a Wal-Mart list this morning and went ahead and tried www.alice.com with my list. Altho there were a few items not on it, the bulk were on it and it will cost me no more than Wal-Mart would. And, I won't be spending gas money or buying 5 things I saw in the store but really didn't need.

HOW COOL IS THAT?

I figured that shipping would take 2-4 weeks since this was such a good deal, but the checkout showed 1-2 business days.

If this really works like it says it does, I'm in love!!!!

2 comments:

MzHartz said...

I LOVE Alice.com! There is a minimum though, you have to order at least 6 items. And in addition to not having to deal with idiots in stores, it reminds me when it's time to reorder something.

Arlene said...

Ahhhhh. I was looking for a minimum $ amount. I must have ordered at least 6 items. I can't believe how wonderful this is. Anything that keeps me out of Wal-Mart is a great thing!